Curriculum Vitae 2010
Matthew P Slater
Keywords: Itinerant male 38yrs single Drupal
Current Situation: Available for remote, part time, or short contract work.
- Drupal module development Drupal 6 & 7: I maintain mutal_credit.module
- Requirements analysis, information architecture, web site development. Understanding from stakeholders what is required of a system, and communicating this, and technical implementaton.
- Training & Presenting Informal training invariably draws complements on my patience and clarity. I am now public speaking sometimes and my calm, controlled style is said to be engaging.
- Working with real people My work with communities and non-profits has instilled a strong sense of the importance of handover, documentation, ongoing support, and going slowly.
- March 2009, Community Forge
- I co-founded not-for-profit to help bring my complementary currency software to the communities which need it. My full time occupation since has been managing a mutlisite server and continuous improvement of the services offered to hosted communities.
- Consulting, current or recent
- COHRED, DCAF, Shelter Centre, SEL du Lac, Geneva. Helping with requirements, specification and implementation of content management systems for non-profits.
- Aug 2004 - September 2007, Shelter Centre, IFRC
- Assistant at Shelter Centre. At first volunteering, then employed, then migrated to Geneva, I did all aspects of IT for this energetic organisation as it rose to prominence in the international aid system.
- 2003 - 2005
- Various work to support volunteering. Software tutorials for students with learning disabilities, building and maintaining various web sites. Interned with London thinktank the Fabian Society
- 2003, ATD Fourth World
- Volunteer in 3 month introductory program; drafted response to government white paper on antisocial behaviour; Worked with excluded people on the systems of government and how to affect change; + network administration and other computer support.
- Aug 1999 - Dec 2002
- Freelance Shockwave programming. programming arcade games for websites such as Ben & Jerry's UK and Aberlour Whisky.
- May 2000 - July, Radio B2-92
- Sub-Editing news items and reading them on air from a secret studio in Belgrade
- Learning, employment in multimedia production, and eventually freelance Shockwave games programming.
- 1995 - 1996
- Enrolled on teacher training course
- Aug 1996 - July 1997
- Production manager in family manufacturing business. running and maintaining injection moulding machines. Responsible for quality control.
- Plymouth College of Art & Design, Certificate in Multimedia
- Edinburgh Language Foundation CTEFLA Grade C
- Cardiff University, BD Theology (Hons), 2/2
Well Rounded Personality
Used to be well rounded. I could mention travel, theatre, literature, chess, philosophy, movies and much more; but now I'm sharply focused on my Drupal module, on my NGO, and global issues.